Meet Carole Kornsweig
Carole Kornsweig is a New York State licensed, ASHA-Certified Speech-Language Pathologist, and IAOM Certified Oral Facial Myologist. For more than 35 years in private practice, she has touched the lives – and been touched by – the children and adults under her care.
Guided by her “people first” approach, Ms. Kornsweig maintains a successful, well-rounded practice that continually evolves to help her clients live more effective lives. Today she is still excited and passionate about her work with those facing the range of challenges related to speech-language pathology.
Dedicated to continued cutting-edge professional development, Ms, Kornsweig is a 5-time recipient of the Award for Continuing Education from ASHA. Originally headed toward a career in Clinical Psychology at SUNY Albany, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude, Ms. Kornsweig found her “true calling” during her first course in communication disorders. She went on to obtain her MA degree in Communication Arts and Sciences at the highly esteemed program at Queens College of CUNY. Later in her career, she was invited back as an Adjunct Lecturer to supervise graduate students in their clinical practicum.
Ms. Kornsweig’s extensive career has included a broad spectrum of experiences.
- Participating in the NSUH groundbreaking satellite Preschool Development Program specific to children with speech and language disorders, where she gained a multidisciplinary therapeutic perspective.
- Serving as an independent consultant/provider and teacher/peer trainer at special education programs and district elementary through high schools and universities; to the Early Intervention Program (birth to 3-year olds), and adult home health care.
- Parlaying her speech pathology skills to the “corporate” world, she created Accent & Speech Solutions, offering success-oriented communication coaching and training to professionals and the organizations they work for.
- Making the connection between corporate “soft-skills” and similar demands that are particularly challenging for those with Asperger’s, she added Making Asperger’s Work. After training with Dr. Lynda Geller in Asperger-specific college coaching, and along with her pre-existing expertise, developed Asperger Solutions to address the complex of issues affecting these individuals through the lifespan.
- To assist those in various stages of transition, Carole Kornsweig began providing Gender-Authentic Voice and Communication services for those striving to better communicate their gender identity.
- Trained in Orofacial Myology, Ms. Kornsweig teams with orthodontists, ENTs, oral surgeons, and other medical professionals to provide her clients with the best treatment for oromyofunctional disorders.
College Coaching for Students with Asperger Syndrome
Prompt Level 1
Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy
Transgender Voice and Communication Therapy
Toastmaster’s International-Competent Communicator
American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology